Sustainable Space Tourism: An Introduction (The Future of Tourism)
Annette Toivonen (Author)
This book explores the relationship between space tourism and the discourse in sustainability and futures research. It offers comprehensive information on the current understanding of the space tourism industry and assesses the possible impacts of space tourism on the environment, economics, legislation and society. The volume aims to encourage more dialogue and critical examinations of aspects of space tourism related to future sustainability. From data gathered from empirical research, it provides a vision for the future of sustainable space tourism. It will be of interest to students and researchers in tourism, sustainability and futures studies, as well as individual space tourist 'hopefuls', space tourism industry operators and tourism policy regulators.
About the Author
Annette Toivonen is a space tourism lecturer at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, Finland. Her research interests include space tourism, sustainable development, futures foresight, Arctic tourism and service design.
- Contributor: Annette Toivonen
- Imprint: Channel View Publications
- ISBN13: 9781845418021
- Number of Pages: 184
- Packaged Dimensions: 156x234x14mm
- Packaged Weight: 442
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Channel View Publications Ltd
- Release Date: 2020-11-11
- Series: The Future of Tourism
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Annette Toivonen is a space tourism lecturer at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, Finland. Her research interests include space tourism, sustainable development, futures foresight, Arctic tourism and service design.