Bill longs for someone to talk to. Then one day the door to his room opens and...a giant bottom comes in! Legs, arms, chest follow as bit by bit, Bill's new giant friend appears. When his friend's last bit finally arrives and he is in one piece, they have plenty to talk about!
*Blue/Band 4 books offer longer, repeated patterns with sequential events and integrated literary and natural language.
* Text type - A traditional story.
* A flow chart on pages 14 and 15 shows the different body parts that make up Bill's new friend, giving children the opportunity to recap and retell the story.
* Curriculum links - Science: ourselves, parts of the body.
* Talk, Talk, Talk is one of three Collins Big Cat books by Martin Waddell.
* This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery
Martin Waddell is the Hans Christian Andersen Medal winner 2004 and two-time Smarties Prize winner. Among his many books for children are the Little Bear and Farmer Duck series. Martin lives in Newcastle in County Down. Mike Phillips is the author of several books and screenplays as well as his award-winning Sam Dean novels. In 1997 he was Writer in Residence at London's South Bank Centre.