Test Driven Development: By Example (Addison-Wesley Signature Series (Beck))
Kent Beck (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 2 weeks
Quite simply, test-driven development is meant to eliminate fear in application development. While some fear is healthy (often viewed as a conscience that tells programmers to "be careful!"), the author believes that byproducts of fear include tentative, grumpy, and uncommunicative programmers who are unable to absorb constructive criticism. When programming teams buy into TDD, they immediately see positive results. They eliminate the fear involved in their jobs, and are better equipped to tackle the difficult challenges that face them. TDD eliminates tentative traits, it teaches programmers to communicate, and it encourages team members to seek out criticism However, even the author admits that grumpiness must be worked out individually! In short, the premise behind TDD is that code should be continually tested and refactored. Kent Beck teaches programmers by example, so they can painlessly and dramatically increase the quality of their work.
About the Author
Kent Beck consistently challenges software engineering dogma, promoting ideas like patterns, test-driven development, and Extreme Programming. Currently affiliated with Three Rivers Institute and Agitar Software, he is the author of many Addison-Wesley titles.
- Contributor: Kent Beck
- Imprint: Addison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- ISBN13: 9780321146533
- Number of Pages: 240
- Packaged Dimensions: 186x235x12mm
- Packaged Weight: 400
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
- Release Date: 2002-11-20
- Series: Addison-Wesley Signature Series (Beck)
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Kent Beck consistently challenges software engineering dogma, promoting ideas like patterns, test-driven development, and Extreme Programming. Currently affiliated with Three Rivers Institute and Agitar Software, he is the author of many Addison-Wesley titles.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.