The Baby Is Mine: Quick Reads (Main)
Oyinkan Braithwaite (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 2 weeks
When his girlfriend throws him out during the pandemic, Bambi has to go to his Uncle's house in lock-down Lagos. He arrives during a blackout, and is surprised to find his Aunty Bidemi sitting in a candlelit room with another woman. They both claim to be the mother of the baby boy, fast asleep in his crib. At night Bambi is kept awake by the baby's cries, and during the days he is disturbed by a cockerel that stalks the garden. There is sand in the rice. A blood stain appears on the wall. Someone scores tribal markings into the baby's cheeks. Who is lying and who is telling the truth? 'Braithwaite excels at narrative voice, morally compromised characters and original, subversive plots... Part drama, part thriller, it is a gripping distillation of Braithwaite's distinctive brand of comic domestic noir.' Evening Standard
About the Author
Oyinkan Braithwaite gained a degree in Creative Writing and Law at Kingston University. Her first book, My Sister, the Serial Killer, was a number one bestseller. It was shortlisted for the 2019 Women's Prize and was on the long list for the 2019 Booker Prize.
- Contributor: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Imprint: Atlantic Books
- ISBN13: 9781838952563
- Number of Pages: 128
- Packaged Dimensions: 129x198x7mm
- Packaged Weight: 98
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Atlantic Books
- Release Date: 2021-05-27
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Oyinkan Braithwaite gained a degree in Creative Writing and Law at Kingston University. Her first book, My Sister, the Serial Killer, was a number one bestseller. It was shortlisted for the 2019 Women's Prize and was on the long list for the 2019 Booker Prize.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.