The Captain's Girl: A sweeping historical saga for fans of Bridgerton (Cornish Saga Main)
Nicola Pryce (Author)
Perfect for fans of BRIDGERTON! A stunning eighteenth-century Cornish romance, following the desperate struggles of heroine Celia Cavendish as she bravely attempts to craft her own future. Cornwall 1793 - As the French Revolution threatens the stability of England, so too is discontent brewing in the heart of Celia Cavendish. Promised to the brutal Viscount Vallenforth, she must find a way to break free from the bounds of a life stifled by convention and cruelty. Inspired by her cousin Arbella, who just a few months earlier followed her heart and eloped with the man she loved, she vows to escape her impending marriage and take her destiny back into her own hands. She enlists her neighbours, Sir James and Lady Polcarrow, who have themselves made a dangerous enemy of Celia's father, in the hope of making a new life for herself. But can the Polcarrows' mysterious friend Arnaud, captain of the cutter L'Aigrette, protect Celia from a man who will let nothing stand in the way of his greed? And will Arnaud himself prove to be friend... or foe?
About the Author
Nicola Pryce trained as a chemotherapy nurse before completing an Open University degree in Humanities. She is a qualified adult literacy support volunteer and lives with her husband in the Blackdown Hills in Somerset. Together they sail the south coast of Cornwall in search of adventure.
- Contributor: Nicola Pryce
- Imprint: Corvus
- ISBN13: 9781782398851
- Number of Pages: 464
- Packaged Dimensions: 129x198x27mm
- Packaged Weight: 322
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Atlantic Books
- Release Date: 2017-07-06
- Series: Cornish Saga
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Nicola Pryce trained as a chemotherapy nurse before completing an Open University degree in Humanities. She is a qualified adult literacy support volunteer and lives with her husband in the Blackdown Hills in Somerset. Together they sail the south coast of Cornwall in search of adventure.