Also available on eBook for £9.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
The Christmas Pig is the brand new J.K. Rowling book - out in October 2021 - an uplifting children's adventure illustrated by the brilliant Jim Field.
This magical story begins on Christmas Eve, when Jack's favourite toy Dur Pig (DP for short!) is missing! Jack is devastated at the loss of his childhood best friend and isn't comforted by his annoying replacement; The Christmas Pig. But on one of the most magical nights of the year - Christmas Eve - Jack's toys come to life, and they're about to embark on a daring plan to rescue DP in time for Christmas.
Beautifully written by J.K. Rowling - one of the world's greatest storytellers - this heart-warming children's tale is full of love, imagination and adventure for the whole family to enjoy. This stunning hardback edition includes gorgeous black and white illustrations and interior artwork by the talented illustrator Jim Field; the perfect gift for young readers to enjoy this Christmas.
About the Author
- Contributor: J.K. Rowling
- Imprint: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
- ISBN13: 9781444964912
- Number of Pages: 320
- Packaged Dimensions: 158x240x34mm
- Packaged Weight: 600
- Format: Royal Hardback
- Publisher: Hachette Children's Group
- Release Date: 2021-10-12
- Binding: Royal Hardback
- Biography: J.K. Rowling is the author of the seven Harry Potter books, which have sold over 500 million copies, been translated into over 80 languages, and made into eight blockbuster films. She also wrote three short series companion volumes for charity, including Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which later became the inspiration for a new series of films. Harry's story as a grown-up was later continued in a stage play, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, which J.K. Rowling wrote with playwright Jack Thorne and director John Tiffany. In 2020, she returned to publishing for younger children with the fairy tale The Ickabog, which she initially published for free online for children in lockdown, later donating all her book royalties to help vulnerable groups affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. J.K. Rowling has received many awards and honours for her writing, including for her detective series written under the name Robert Galbraith. She supports a wide number of humanitarian causes through her charitable trust Volant, and is the founder of the children?s care reform charity Lumos. For as long as she can remember, J.K. Rowling wanted to be a writer, and is at her happiest in a room, making things up. She lives in Scotland with her family. Illustrator bio: Jim Field is an award-winning illustrator, character designer and animation director. He has worked on a wide variety of projects, from music videos and title sequences to advertising and books. His first picture book Cats Ahoy! won the Booktrust Roald Dahl Funny Prize and was nominated for the Kate Greenaway award. Since then he has illustrated a string of bestselling, multi-award-winning children's books, including Oi Frog! and The Lion Inside, as well as young fiction series Rabbit and Bear, middlegrade novels by David Baddiel and his debut author-illustrator picture book Monsieur Roscoe - On Holiday, a bilingual book that introduces first French words. He grew up in Farnborough, worked in London and now lives in Paris with his wife and young daughter.