From the author of the worldwide bestseller Raising Boys, this bind-up of the parenting classics The Secret of Happy Children and More Secrets of Happy Children by parenting expert and child psychologist Steve Biddulph tells parents everything they need to know about raising happy, healthy, confident children from babyhood to teens.
This bind-up brings all of Steve's parenting tips and secrets together for the first time.
This book shows parents how to be true to themselves while also bringing up secure children who feel loved and respected, with self esteem and responsibility.
The book is aimed at a wide age group- from babies and toddlers to older children and teenagers.
Authoritative yet accessible, the book is full of case histories and familiar conversations and scenarios, as well as cartoons, that help parents relate to Steve's message.
The book covers all the key issues in parenting, including:
- how and why negative language affects children
- stopping tantrums before they start
- curing shyness
- `soft love'- why touch, praise and time are vital- and `firm love'- disciplining through teaching and being involved, rather than punishment
- childcare issues- finding a balance between work and your children's needs
- raising sons and raising daughters- their different needs
Steve Biddulph is an internationally respected child psychologist and family therapist with an ever-increasing following. A world-renowned parenting author, his books include Manhood (Hawthorn Press, 1998), Raising Boys (1998), The Secret of Happy Children (1997) and More Secrets of Happy Children (1999), which are popular all over the world.