Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Stroke treatment, technology, and research have seen astounding advances over the last twenty years. Yet stroke remains a leading cause of death and disability in the United States and worldwide. The challenge for clinicians? Stay current and deliver optimal patient care, by understanding that the best prevention and the most positive outcomes are being achieved by inter-professional teams.
Addressing every phase of current stroke care, The Continuum of Stroke Care is your essential how-to for delivering safe, effective outcomes with interprofessional teamwork. Each chapter is written by clinicians with cutting-edge expertise and clinically grounded insight. Practical and comprehensive, the book also fully covers both the advances of the last few decades and upcoming innovations in stroke care.
Absorb the latest in research-based methods and team care . . .
Outlines the current evidence-based stroke care system, based on international best practices
* Addresses care from pre- to post-hospitalization, including rehabilitation and post-stroke community integration, stroke quality indicators, and program evaluation
* Offers clinical pearls and case studies that strengthen understanding of comprehensiveness in all phases of care
* Provides scientific and clinical evidence and insights to strengthen understanding of stroke pathophysiology, management, and recovery
* Outlines models of practice and care for implementation and ongoing utilization of coordinated interprofessional teams in stroke care
* Offers recommendations for creating safer, more reliable outcomes important to patients, providers, and organizations.
* Outlines American Stroke Association's Stroke Chain of Survival information regarding pre-hospital stroke care
* An essential clinical resource for nurse practitioners, advanced practice nurses, stroke coordinators, occupational therapists, speech therapists, physical therapists, case managers, social workers, and the entire interprofessional clinical team.