The Dead Woman of Deptford (Inspector Ben Ross mystery 6): A dark murder mystery set in the heart of Victorian London (Inspector Ben Ross)
Ann Granger (Author)
THE DEAD WOMAN OF DEPTFORD is the sixth Inspector Ben Ross mystery set in Victorian London by much-loved crime writer Ann Granger. On a cold November night in a Deptford yard, dock worker Harry Parker stumbles upon the body of a dead woman. Inspector Ben Ross is summoned from Scotland Yard to this insalubrious part of town, but no witness to the murder of this well-dressed, middle-aged woman can be found. Even Jeb Fisher, the local rag-and-bone man, swears he's seen nothing. Meanwhile, Ben's wife Lizzie is trying to suppress a scandal: family friend Edgar Wellings has a gambling addiction and no means of repaying his debts. Reluctantly, Lizzie agrees to visit his debt collector's house in Deptford, but when she arrives she finds her husband is investigating the murder of the woman in question. Edgar was the last man to see Mrs Clifford alive and he has good reason to want her dead, but Ben and Lizzie both know that a case like this is rarely as simple as it appears...
Also available on eBook for £4.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Ann Granger has lived in cities all over the world, since for many years she worked for the Foreign Office and received postings to British embassies as far apart as Munich and Lusaka. She is now permanently based in Oxfordshire.
- Contributor: Ann Granger
- Imprint: Headline Book Publishing
- ISBN13: 9781472204547
- Number of Pages: 352
- Packaged Dimensions: 133x197x23mm
- Packaged Weight: 287
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Headline Publishing Group
- Release Date: 2017-01-05
- Series: Inspector Ben Ross
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Ann Granger has lived in cities all over the world, since for many years she worked for the Foreign Office and received postings to British embassies as far apart as Munich and Lusaka. She is now permanently based in Oxfordshire.