The Democracy of Species: (Green Ideas)
Robin Wall Kimmerer (Author)
In twenty short books, Penguin brings you the classics of the environmental movement. In The Democracy of Species Robin Wall Kimmerer guides us towards a more reciprocal, grateful and joyful relationship with our animate earth, from the wild leeks in the field to the deer in the woods. Over the past 75 years, a new canon has emerged. As life on Earth has become irrevocably altered by humans, visionary thinkers around the world have raised their voices to defend the planet, and affirm our place at the heart of its restoration. Their words have endured through the decades, becoming the classics of a movement. Together, these books show the richness of environmental thought, and point the way to a fairer, saner, greener world.
About the Author
Robin Wall Kimmerer (b.1953) is a botanist and member of the Citizen Potawatomi Nation. Her groundbreaking work blends indigenous teachings with scientific expertise.
- Contributor: Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Imprint: Penguin Classics
- ISBN13: 9780141997049
- Number of Pages: 96
- Packaged Dimensions: 111x181x5mm
- Packaged Weight: 62
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Release Date: 2021-08-26
- Series: Green Ideas
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Robin Wall Kimmerer (b.1953) is a botanist and member of the Citizen Potawatomi Nation. Her groundbreaking work blends indigenous teachings with scientific expertise.