The Dollmaker of Krakow
R. M. Romero (Author)
A timeless fantasy set in the Second World War that weaves together magic, folklore and history, perfect for fans of The Book Thief, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and Goodnight Mister Tom. One night a little doll named Karolina comes to life in a toyshop in Krakow, Poland, in 1939 and changes the life of the gruff, broken-hearted Dollmaker. And when the darkness of the Nazi occupation sweeps over the city, Karolina and the Dollmaker must bravely use their magic to save their Jewish friends from a terrible danger, no matter what the risks. This powerful story is about finding friendship in the darkest of places and the importance of love in times of great pain.
Also available on eBook for £5.59. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
R.M. Romero is a Cuban-American author who lives with her family and a menagerie of pets in Colorado. Currently, she occupies her time working in a haunted hotel, reading fairy tales, hiking, studying languages, and writing every moment she gets.
- Contributor: R. M. Romero
- Imprint: Walker Books Ltd
- ISBN13: 9781406375633
- Number of Pages: 288
- Packaged Dimensions: 135x216x20mm
- Packaged Weight: 419
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Walker Books Ltd
- Release Date: 2017-10-05
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: R.M. Romero is a Cuban-American author who lives with her family and a menagerie of pets in Colorado. Currently, she occupies her time working in a haunted hotel, reading fairy tales, hiking, studying languages, and writing every moment she gets.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.