The only multivolume encyclopedia covering all aspects of North American colonial warfare, with special attention paid to the social, political, cultural, and economic affairs that were affected by the conflicts.
* 875 entries cover each war and conflict, addressing the military, political, social, and cultural aspects of each confrontation
* Overview essays on all major conflicts place each one in context
* Comprehensive cross-reference and further reading sections are provided for each entry
* A lavish art program includes numerous maps, nearly 350 illustrations and photographs, and 26 charts and graphs
* A statistics section filled with extensive data on all major nations and groups involved in the colonial conflicts
Spencer C. Tucker, PhD, is senior fellow in military history for ABC-CLIO and the author or editor of more than 40 books and encyclopedias, many of which have been recognized by awards. James Arnold is a professional writer and is the author of more than 20 military history books. Roberta Wiener is managing editor for the Journal of Military History, a quarterly publication of the Society for Military History.