DescriptionThe origins, nature and consequence of the English Civil War are subjects of continuing historical controversy. The English Civil War and Revolution is a wide ranging, accessible sourcebook covering the principal aspects of the mid-seventeenth century crisis. It presents a comprehensive guide to the historiographical debates involved.
Drawing on a variety of source material such as official records, private correspondence, diaries, minutes of debates and petitions, this text provides:
* contextual introductions to documents
* a comprehensive glossary of seventeenth century terms
* a chronology of events for reference
* illustrations, including contemporary woodcuts.
While familiarising students with some of the main sources drawn upon by historians working in the field, The English Civil War and Revolution contains many extracts from unpublished, manuscript sources. By taking sources from all levels of society and grouping them thematically, this book offers a number of viewpoints on the civil war and revolution, thus aiding understanding of this complex period.
Create a review
- publication date: 05/11/2013
- ID: 9781136223945
- book language: en
- publisher: Taylor and Francis
- publisher imprint: Routledge
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes