The Future of Airbnb and the 'Sharing Economy': The Collaborative Consumption of our Cities (The Future of Tourism)
Jeroen A. Oskam (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
This book deconstructs the 'sharing' marketing narratives surrounding Airbnb and similar platforms. It provides a conceptual analysis of the 'sharing economy' and accommodation sector and furthers the ongoing discussion surrounding Airbnb and the social sustainability of city tourism. The volume analyses the touristification of neighbourhoods in the context of broader economic and ideological shifts, thus bridging the gap between academic and social debate. It presents four different city scenarios of potential future developments and evaluates the effects of different regulatory responses, giving readers an understanding of the forces and factors at work and envisioning the ultimate consequences of current developments. The book will appeal to students and researchers in tourism and hospitality studies, futures studies and urban planning, as well as to policymakers and strategists in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
About the Author
Jeroen A. Oskam is the Director of Research at Hotelschool The Hague, the Netherlands. He has been working in the field for 20 years and his research interests include the history of thought, ideology, futures studies, hospitality and tourism.
- Contributor: Jeroen A. Oskam
- Imprint: Channel View Publications
- ISBN13: 9781845416720
- Number of Pages: 192
- Packaged Dimensions: 156x234x10mm
- Packaged Weight: 305
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Channel View Publications Ltd
- Release Date: 2019-04-15
- Series: The Future of Tourism
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Jeroen A. Oskam is the Director of Research at Hotelschool The Hague, the Netherlands. He has been working in the field for 20 years and his research interests include the history of thought, ideology, futures studies, hospitality and tourism.