The extraordinary life story of psychic and clairvoyant, Mia Dolan, the new Betty Shine.
* Mia Dolan is one of the UK's most eminent and extraordinary psychics whose work has taken her from private readings to `ghostbusting' to psychic demonstrations in front of hundreds of people. Her abilities have made her one of the most sought-after psychics in the country.
* An ordinary woman brought up in a working-class family on the Isle of Sheppey, she had her first out-of-body experience at the age of 12 when she was sexually assaulted by a local teenager. At the age of 22 her spirit guide began to talk to her and showed her how to use her clairvoyance as well providing fascinating insights into the nature of the Afterlife.
* Mia's life has been touched by tragic experiences including when she foresaw the murder of her own brother and when her son died while still only a teenager.
* In The Gift Mia describes how her psychic ability developed, and the more dramatic readings that she has given including the man who came to ask her where his missing wife was - she knew instantly that she was dead, and the body was later found exactly as Mia described. The book recounts her activities as a 'ghostbuster' and exorcist, and includes stories of the haunted Drury Lane Theatre in London, a haunted theme park, and sightings of earth-bound spirits - both good and bad.
* 'I want people to know there is more to life than what we call reality, more than what we can see - and it is not as far beyond our reach as we imagine. It is ordinary, everyday, here and now, in this minute. And it is magical, a gift.'
Mia Dolan was born on the Isle of Sheppey and has been a psychic for 18 years. She is now one of Britain's most renowned psychics and clairvoyants. As well as carrying out readings and exorcisms, Mia has appeared in countless magazines and newspapers, on television and radio, and has been called to the scenes of criminal investigations, as well as taken part in scientific tests with criminal psychologists and sports analysts to predict the outcome of events.