Orlando Weeks (Author)
'Extraordinary and original' Raymond Briggs 'A tender fireside story about an ageing labourer ... witty, affectionate ... enchanting, in the vein of The Snowman' Evening Standard 'Sometimes it feels like I might be the only person awake in the whole country. People might find that a lonely thought. Not me...' As the rest of the world sleeps, the Gritterman goes out to work. Through the wind and the snow. Through the blue-black hours when time slips away, he grits the paths and the pavements and the roads. For him, a life without gritting is no life at all... A song for the unsung hero, this is a story about stoicism, dignity and a man leaving behind the work that he loves. It is accompanied by the author's own illustrations. **Listen to or download The Gritterman's companion album featuring 10 new tracks by Orlando Weeks. Available now on all digital and streaming platforms.**
Also available on eBook for £4.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Orlando Weeks studied illustration at Brighton University before spending a decade in the band, The Maccabees. In 2016, when the group decided to disband he set about writing The Gritterman, his first book.
- Contributor: Orlando Weeks
- Imprint: Penguin Books Ltd
- ISBN13: 9780141986623
- Number of Pages: 80
- Packaged Dimensions: 241x171x9mm
- Packaged Weight: 229
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Release Date: 2018-11-01
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Orlando Weeks studied illustration at Brighton University before spending a decade in the band, The Maccabees. In 2016, when the group decided to disband he set about writing The Gritterman, his first book.