The Hows and Whys of Alternative Education: Schools Where Students Thrive
Darlene Leiding (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
It has become a clichZ to say that these are precarious times for public schools. It is also a reality. On the one hand, improving schools is the public's top priority. On the other, significant numbers of Americans are giving up on public schools. Today's parents and, indeed, all voters, need to see signs of success if they are to support public schools. Parents must be given choices when it comes to their child's education. This book acknowledges that enormous problems outside schools do not mean that educators inside schools cannot do a better job at creating a meaningful learning environment. It is designed to inform and assist those who wish to choose their child's educational settings. The Hows and Whys of Alternative Education offers the essential information on the history of alternative education, school choice, alternative schools, charter schools, magnet schools, homeschooling, private schools, vouchers, distance learning, teacher/student/parent attraction, and the future of educational choice.
About the Author
Dr. Darlene Leiding is an expert in the realm of charter schools and alternative education and has created an elementary and high school alternative program. She is currently K-12 Principal at Oh Day Aki (Heart of the Earth Charter School, Minneapolis, MN) working with inner city American Indian students.
- Contributor: Darlene Leiding
- Imprint: Rowman & Littlefield Education
- ISBN13: 9781578866885
- Number of Pages: 198
- Packaged Dimensions: 156x228x15mm
- Packaged Weight: 313
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield
- Release Date: 2007-12-15
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Dr. Darlene Leiding is an expert in the realm of charter schools and alternative education and has created an elementary and high school alternative program. She is currently K-12 Principal at Oh Day Aki (Heart of the Earth Charter School, Minneapolis, MN) working with inner city American Indian students.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.