The Last Tree on Easter Island: (Green Ideas)
Jared Diamond (Author)
In twenty short books, Penguin brings you the classics of the environmental movement. This is Jared Diamond's haunting account of visiting the mysterious stone statues of Easter Island, showing how a remote civilization destroyed itself by exploiting its own natural resources - and why we must heed this warning. Over the past 75 years, a new canon has emerged. As life on Earth has become irrevocably altered by humans, visionary thinkers around the world have raised their voices to defend the planet, and affirm our place at the heart of its restoration. Their words have endured through the decades, becoming the classics of a movement. Together, these books show the richness of environmental thought, and point the way to a fairer, saner, greener world.
Also available on eBook for £3.49. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Jared Diamond (b.1937) is Professor of Geography at UCLA and a noted polymath whose books about human societies blend biology, geography, anthropology, linguistics and history.
- Contributor: Jared Diamond
- Imprint: Penguin Classics
- ISBN13: 9780141997063
- Number of Pages: 96
- Packaged Dimensions: 111x181x5mm
- Packaged Weight: 62
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Release Date: 2021-08-26
- Series: Green Ideas
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Jared Diamond (b.1937) is Professor of Geography at UCLA and a noted polymath whose books about human societies blend biology, geography, anthropology, linguistics and history.