The Law and Older People
John Williams (Author)
PRE-ORDER released 31 December 2023
This book looks at the historical background to the law's approach to ageing, focusing on questions such as: Has the law promoted ageism? How well has the law protected older people against discrimination, abuse and social exclusion? How effective will new prohibitions on age discrimination be when they come into force? Themes include the ways in which the law has a distinct impact on the lives of older people, human rights, housing, finance, health and social care, discrimination, crime, abuse and the state's reaction, and poverty and social exclusion.
About the Author
John Williams, University of Wales, Aberystwyth.
- Contributor: John Williams
- Imprint: Birkbeck Law Press
- ISBN13: 9781859419229
- Number of Pages: 350
- Packaged Dimensions: 156x234mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Release Date: 2023-12-31
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: John Williams, University of Wales, Aberystwyth.