It is now estimated that as much as 10% of the population in the UK and USA carries a tattoo. The huge recent growth in tattoo culture has in turn led to an influx of new talented artists, advancements in pigments and refinement of the equipment used. This giant volume includes the very best of the new work made possible by modern improvements in tattoo art. Here are 500 striking photographic images of tattoos, covering all styles from bold 'tribal' pieces, Chinese characters and hieroglyphs to delicate air-brushed designs, and from all-over 'body suits' to individual motifs - works as distinctive as the bodies they adorn. Featuring the work of the Discovery Channel's L.A. Ink stars Corey Miller, Kim Saigh and Hannah Aitchinson, and London Ink's Nicole Lowe, Louis Molloy and Phil Kyle amongst many others. Colour photos throughout
Also available on eBook for £3.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Lal Hardy is the proprietor of legendary New Wave Tattoo in London, which he has operated since 1979. He has been tattooist to a roll-call of rock stars and movie actors. He lives in London.
- Contributor: Lal Hardy
- Imprint: Robinson Publishing
- ISBN13: 9781845297404
- Number of Pages: 448
- Packaged Dimensions: 200x144x30mm
- Packaged Weight: 820
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
- Release Date: 2009-03-12
- Series: Mammoth Books
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Lal Hardy is the proprietor of legendary New Wave Tattoo in London, which he has operated since 1979. He has been tattooist to a roll-call of rock stars and movie actors. He lives in London.