The Masai have a reputation for courage, independence and a way of life that fits with the grasslands of the East African plains. Find out all about the people, their history and how they live, in this stunning non-fiction book by top BBC wildlife filmmakers and photographers Jonathan and Angela Scott.
* Emerald/Band 15 books provide a widening range of genres including science fiction and biography, prompting more ways to respond to texts.
* Text type - A non-chronological report.
* There is a useful glossary and index on pages 44 and 45 and a diary of the day in the life f a Masai child on pages 46 and 47.
* Curriculum links - Geography: knowledge and understanding of places; Citizenship: developing good relationships and respecting the differences between people.
* This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader
Jonathan and Angie Scott are award-winning wildlife photographers based in Kenya.They have travelled to the furthest corners of the globe in search of material for their work and have produced more than twenty books. They are particularly proud to be authors of titles in the Collins Big Cat series, as education and conservation are particularly close to their hearts.