The Novello Book Of Music For Lent & Easter is an exciting collection of 65 pieces of Lent and Easter music for mixed-voice choirs, from the easy to learn to the more challenging and unconventional.
A book of anthems, hymn arrangements and other pieces covering the period from Ash Wednesday to Easter, including music for Palm Sunday, Holy Week, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Day, this book is in the same style as the successful Noel! series, with the same balance of new and familiar pieces to ensure it appeals to the greatest possible choral market.
Mixed-voice choirs of all levels will enjoy these new arrangements of favourite Hymns, as well as stimulating original works for the Easter season.
The set list includes:
- Miserere Mei [Henry Purcell]
- All In The April Evening [Hugh Roberton]
- Corpus Christi Carol [Benjamin Britten]
- Jesu Dulcis Memoria [Tomas Luis De Victoria]
- O Saviour Of The World [Frederick, Arthur Gore Ouseley]
- Palm Sunday Processional [Plainsong arr. David Hill]
- Ave Verum [Svein Møller]
- O Sacrum Convivium [Grayston Ives]
- My Lord Is Alone [Jonathan Wikeley]
- Steal Away To Jesus [Spiritual Arr. Dale Adelmann]
- Go Down, Moses [Richard Allain]
- Easter Troparion [Trad. Eastern Orthodox]
- Song For Athene [John Tavener]
- Alleluia! Alleluia! [Arthur Sullivan arr. Richard Marlow]
- Christ Being Raised From The Dead [Philip Moore]
- Christ Now Is Risen [Melchior Vulpius]
- Easter Carol [Jamie W. Hall]
- Now The Green Blade Riseth [Trad. arr. David Terry]
- O For A Lay! [Trad. arr. Charles Wood]
- Sing Ye To The Lord [Edward Bairstow]
And 45 more!
- publication date: 18/02/2014
- ID: 9781783231447
- book language: EN
- publisher: Music Sales Limited
- publisher imprint: Novello & Co Ltd.
- Android FixedLayoutEpub DRM Yes
- IOS FixedLayoutEpub DRM Yes
- Windows FixedLayoutEpub DRM Yes