The People's Friend Magazine SubscriptionCover Price £1.40Save up to 2%
|£41.80||25 issues • 6 months • £1.68 per issue|
|£70.30 Was £71.40 Save £1.10 (2%)||51 issues • 12 months • £1.38 per issue|
DescriptionFounded in 1869, The People?s Friend is the oldest women?s weekly magazine in the world. The first issue was dated 13th January 1869, and its mission statement was clear from the start.?We intend that fully one half of the ?Friend? shall be devoted to fiction... the Friend being intended for fireside reading, nothing will be admitted into its columns having the slightest tendency to corrupt the morals either of old or young.?Successive editors have remained true to those principles and to the avowal that the Friend should be a magazine for ordinary people, by ordinary people. The Friend grew and thrived through social upheaval, wars, strikes, financial crashes and natural disasters. It continued dispensing entertainment, instruction, comfort and good cheer to its readers. The Friend became a constant in its readers?a true friend to turn to in times of trouble.Today, the magazine is known, loved and trusted worldwide, with readers in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Canada as well as in the UK. Aimed primarily at the over-60s market, it?s a magazine for people who love to read quality fiction, and who are looking for uplifting, feel-good entertainment.The weekly title is packed with:? Quality short stories? Two exclusive serial instalment? Delicious cooking inspiration? Craft ideas? Puzzles? Gardening tips? Travel and health adviceThere are also 17 The People?s Friend Specials every year, published three-weekly, which contain an inspiring, adventurous mix of fiction and features, and the fortnightly The People?s Friend Pocket Novels, each one a longer novel-length story in an easy-to-read, larger-print format.Please note that publishers stipulate a 12 month minimum term for all Direct Debit orders.
About This Subscription
What Will I Receive?
• Please note that this magazine subscription is delivered directly to your chosen address by the publisher, and does not come in a gift pack
• Your subscription will usually start with the next available issue and will not be the current issue that is available in the shops at the time of order.
When Will I Start Receiving My Subscription?
• As soon as you place your order we will take payment from you, email you a summary of your order and, pass your order to the relevant magazine publisher.
• Once the publisher has confirmed the order (this may take up to 10 days) we will email you confirmation of this, along with delivery estimates for your 1st issue.
As a guide (for UK Publications), please allow:
• 3-5 weeks for Weekly publications
• 5-9 weeks for Monthly publications
• 13 weeks for Bi-monthly and Quarterly Publications.
Orders for magazines printed outside of the UK may take an additional 2-3 weeks.