The Poetry Review Magazine SubscriptionCover Price £8.95Save up to 20%
|£30.00 Was £35.80 Save £5.80 (16%)||4 issues • 12 months • £7.50 per issue|
|£57.00 Was £71.60 Save £14.60 (20%)||8 issues • 24 months • £7.13 per issue|
DescriptionThe world-class Poetry Review, founded in 1909, is published quarterly by the Poetry Society. It is the UK?s most widely-read poetry periodical, presenting the very best verse and writing about poetry to be found in Britain today, across all generations and schools. An indispensible read, it identifies trends and drives the direction of contemporary poetry. Here exciting newcomers rub shoulders with Geoffrey Hill, Louise Gluck, Don Paterson and Mahmoud Darwish. Each handsome 128pp issue includes essays, features and reviews.In the latest issue- The cover is newly commissioned from award-winning illustrator Matthew Richardson, represented by Heart. Guest editor George Szirtes brings readers an eclectic and witty issue of Poetry Review, the world?s foremost poetry magazine, with new poems including: A.B. Jackson?s ?Of Elephants?, moving between sources andPhilip Gross?s ?Variations On A Theme From The Cornish?; Matthew Sweeney?s ?The One-eyed Philosopher of Katmandu?; Carolyn Jess-Cooke?s hand-grenade baby, ?Boom!?; Paul Batchelor?s ?Pit Ponies?; Shazea Quraishi's ?The Mummy of Hor? and and a passage from Owen Sheers?s radio play, ?Pink Mist?. In the essays section, Simon Armitage introduces Poetry Parnassus, Carrie Etter explores prose poetry, Emily Critchley writes about Denise Riley and Adam Piette on Geraldine Monk. Peter Scupham reviews Elizabeth Jennings, Pascale Petit writes on Jane Hirshfield, while Grahame Davies is in the audience for Gwyneth Lewis?s stage play, Clytemnestra. And there?s much more?Poetry Review is both open-minded and passionate about poetry. A rare combination and that?s why I always read it.? ? Helen Dunmore?The contemporary poetry magazine of record.? ? The Guardian
About This Subscription
What Will I Receive?
• Please note that this magazine subscription is delivered directly to your chosen address by the publisher, and does not come in a gift pack
• Your subscription will usually start with the next available issue and will not be the current issue that is available in the shops at the time of order.
When Will I Start Receiving My Subscription?
• As soon as you place your order we will take payment from you, email you a summary of your order and, pass your order to the relevant magazine publisher.
• Once the publisher has confirmed the order (this may take up to 10 days) we will email you confirmation of this, along with delivery estimates for your 1st issue.
As a guide (for UK Publications), please allow:
• 3-5 weeks for Weekly publications
• 5-9 weeks for Monthly publications
• 13 weeks for Bi-monthly and Quarterly Publications.
Orders for magazines printed outside of the UK may take an additional 2-3 weeks.