The Secret Garden
Frances Hodgson Burnett (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 2 weeks
Rediscover the favourite childhood classic. What little girl can turn a whole household upside down and breathe new life back into a strange, old manor? The wonderfully contrary, strong-willed, angry, misunderstood Mary Lennox. When Mary Lennox is sent to Misselthwaite Manor to live with her uncle, everybody says she is the most disagreeable-looking child ever seen. It is true, too. Mary is pale, spoilt and quite contrary. But she is also horribly lonely. Then one day she hears about a garden in the grounds of the Manor that has been kept locked and hidden for years. And when a friendly robin helps Mary find the key, she discovers the most magical place anyone could imagine... EXTRA ACTIVITIES INCLUDED: Take our quiz, learn about the plucky author and find out about the real secret garden. This beautiful edition includes fantastic extra educational resources. b/w chapter headings
Also available on eBook for £3.49. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Frances Hodgson Burnett was born in Manchester in 1849. After living in poverty, she emigrated to the US in 1865. She wrote over forty books; the best-known today are The Secret Garden, A Little Princess and Little Lord Fauntleroy. She died in 1924.
- Contributor: Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Imprint: Vintage Children's Classics
- ISBN13: 9780099572954
- Number of Pages: 384
- Packaged Dimensions: 129x188x24mm
- Packaged Weight: 253
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Release Date: 2012-08-02
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Frances Hodgson Burnett was born in Manchester in 1849. After living in poverty, she emigrated to the US in 1865. She wrote over forty books; the best-known today are The Secret Garden, A Little Princess and Little Lord Fauntleroy. She died in 1924.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.