A handbook for the practitioners, this book is a complete treatise on the topic of Smart, covering:
1. A comprehensive framework with the needed definitions, concepts, strategies, approaches, and technologies to develop and manage a greenfield or brownfield Smart city.
2. Integrating economics, developmental concepts, engineering, environment and governance that sets the definitive foundation of the Smart framework.
3. Technologies that are powering the Smart movement. Extensive case-studies.
4. Societal and Political research, and progress made by the academia.
5. Specific methodology of measuring Smart elements of a city. Introduction to the concepts of Smart Map and Smart Index.
6. A structured approach to transformation, setting priorities, execution, financing and governance.
The new structure and market dynamics of the Smart industry
Amitabh Satyam, MS, MBA is an expert in the areas of Telecom, Internet of Things, and Analytics. A graduate of the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur with an MBA from Fisher College of Business, USA, Amitabh was earlier the Managing Partner at SAP and the global consulting leader for Telecom and IoT at IBM. Amitabh started his career on Wall Street as an investment analyst at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney. Later, he was the Operations Head at Reliance Infocomm, Managing Director at MobiApps, and Vice President at Siemens. Amitabh has also taught at The Ohio State University and at Rider University in the USA for four years. He grew up in Sheohar in Bihar, India, near the Nepal border. Amitabh now lives in Bangalore, India. Igor Calzada, MBA, PhD is a Research Fellow and a Senior Policy Adviser at the University of Oxford, Urban Transformations. His research compares technological, social, economic and political processes in cities and regions by focussing particularly on metropolitan devolution. Igor's studies also include comparing Smart cities; benchmarking city-regions; Smart devolution; metropolitanisation; techno-politics of data; social innovation, entrepreneurship and capital; urban governance & citizens as decision makers; beyond hyper-connected societies; unplugging; and urban co-operatives. He was born in the Basque Country, between Spain and France - a historic and entrepreneurial region of Europe. He got his MBA at the University of Deusto and his PhD at the University of Mondragon in the Basque Country, Spain/France.