Follow the conflict of the World War 1 from 1914-1918 with expert commentary, photographs and a unique collection of historical maps. Published in association and including material from the archives of the Imperial War Museum.
Over 200 photographs and maps from the archives of The Imperial War Museum tell the story of how The Great War was fought.
Descriptions of key historical events accompany the illustrations, giving a fascinating history of the war from an expert historian.
Key offensives covered include:
* The Battles of the Marne and Ypres
* Tannenberg and the Eastern Front
* Verdun and the Somme
* The Gallipoli Campaign
* Battle of Jutland
* The Advances to Jerusalem, Damascus and Baghdad
* Vimy Ridge and Passchendaele
* German 1918 offensives and Allied counter-offensives
Along with the maps, key historical events are described, giving an illustrated history of the war from an expert historian.