There was once a woman who baked the best cakes in the whole world. The fairies loved her cakes. But they didn't want to buy them and the woman was far too clever to let anyone steal them. So the fairies decide to steal the cake-maker instead! What follows is a hilarious account of how the woman manages to escape the greedy fairies' clutches.
* Gold/Band 9 fiction books offer developing readers literary language and stories with distinctive characters.
* Text type - A traditional story.
* A story map on pages 22 and 23 tracks the comings and goings of the unfortunate fairies to help children retell the story in their own words.
* Curriculum links - PSHE: Recognise what they like/dislike, what is fair/unfair and what is right/ wrong.
* This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
Rose Impey was born in Northwich, Cheshire. When she first left school she worked in a bank, but soon realised this was not for her, and went back to college to train to be a primary school teacher. Rose spends a lot of time visiting schools to read her work. Her books are widely published worldwide, including the United States, Australia, France, Denmark, Germany and Spain. Rose enjoys eating, talking, swimming and reading, although not necessarily in that order!