Thomas Potts, the Wonderful Discovery of Witches in the County of Lancaster: Modernised and Introduced by Robert Poole
Robert Poole (Author)
Thomas Potts' famous account of the Pendle witch trials of 1612 is the only original source of information about the events, and in this excellent new version historian Robert Poole makes the text accessible and usable for twenty-first century readers for the first time. Accompanied by an extremely helpful introduction that summarises the affair in a clear and chronological way, this book is a must for everyone interested in the Pendle witches, and in the history of witchcraft, Lancashire and England. facsim.
About the Author
Robert Poole is Reader in History at the University of Cumbria. He has published widely and is a recognised expert on the Lancashire Witch Trials.
- Contributor: Robert Poole
- Imprint: Palatine Books
- ISBN13: 9781874181781
- Number of Pages: 160
- Packaged Dimensions: 128x198x12mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Carnegie Publishing Ltd
- Release Date: 2011-11-30
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Robert Poole is Reader in History at the University of Cumbria. He has published widely and is a recognised expert on the Lancashire Witch Trials.