A month-by-month guide to the natural world and the seasons covering what to look out for: birds, insects, trees, flowers, plants, weather events, tides and including astronomical and lunar charts.
Beautifully presented and arranged with the key observations for every day of the calendar month, brilliantly observed and elegantly written by a keen naturalist, this is the perfect guide to the natural world for all lovers of wildlife, nature and the outdoors, including walkers, gardeners and foragers. Learn how the natural world is interconnected and get in touch with your own environment.
* A day-by day account of the key natural events for each day throughout the course of the year
* Discover the secrets of nesting birds and when to observe the young shoots and buds of each new season
* Uncover the ever-changing sights and sounds of the city and countryside
* Includes the key astronomical events that affect the natural world and how best to observe them
* Beautifully illustrated by Maria Herbert-Liew
* Index of key events, wildlife, plants, trees and shrubs.
Derwent May started writing Nature Notes in 1981 for The Times. He has been a keen naturalist since he was a schoolboy, when he was already writing articles in magazines such as British Birds and Ibis. He is also a novelist and literary critic.