Travel in the Ancient World
Lionel Casson (Author)
The only book of its kind in any language, Travel in the Ancient World offers a lively, comprehensive history of ancient travel, from the first Egyptian voyages recorded in Old Kingdom inscriptions through Greek and Roman times to the Christian pilgrimages of the fourth and sixth centuries. Rich in anecdote and colorful detail, it now returns to print in paperback with a new preface by the author. 21 Halftones, black and white; 7 Illustrations, black and white CPSIA choking or other US hazard warning -No California Proposition 65 hazard warning necessary
About the Author
Lionel Casson is professor emeritus of classics at New York University. His books include Ships and Seamanship in the Ancient World .
- Contributor: Lionel Casson
- Imprint: Johns Hopkins University Press
- ISBN13: 9780801848087
- Number of Pages: 408
- Packaged Dimensions: 140x216x30mm
- Packaged Weight: 635
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Johns Hopkins University Press
- Release Date: 1994-02-17
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Lionel Casson is professor emeritus of classics at New York University. His books include Ships and Seamanship in the Ancient World .
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.