It's time for a new generation of Ultraman!
Decades ago, a being known as the Giant of Light joined Shin Hayata of the Scientific Special Search Party to save Earth from an invasion of terrifying monsters known as Kaiju. Now, many years later, those dark days are fading into memory and the world is at peace. But in the shadows a new threat is growing, a danger that can only be faced by a new kind of hero-a new kind of ULTRAMAN...
The number of incidents involving the shadowy cabal known as the Star of Darkness is on the rise. In New York City, the organization floods the streets with a dangerous drug that changes people into violent superhuman criminals! But one victim, a Japanese photographer named Kotaro Higashi, decides to fight back-a choice that may just lead him to join forces with...
* A new Ultraman story based on the widely popular classic Japanese superhero TV show from the 1960s!
* Releases 3 times a year for 9+ volumes. Series is ongoing.
* Ultraman volume 1 had one of the best debuts of a manga series in 2015, selling close to 1,000 units during its first week on sale (BookScan 2/16).
* Ultraman has been a world-famous character and brand for nearly 50 years with huge recognition worldwide.
* Should appeal to fans of the original show, with potential appeal among American superhero fans and fans of the kaiju genre.
Eiichi Shimizu was born in Osaka and is blood type O (or maybe A). He is responsible for mecha design and sometimes character design, along with mecha sequence writing. Tomohiro Shimoguchi was born in Ishikawa Prefecture and is blood type O. He does character design and is the main series writer.