Understanding Schizophrenia chart provides a visual and textual overview and is an ideal tool to help practitioners explain the condition to patients and families.
discusses causes of schizophrenia and other psychosis
compares MRIs of unaffected and affected brains
discusses the stages and natural progression of the disease
- illustrates gray matter deficit at onset of illness and after 5 years
- illustrates a healthy neuron and a abnormally pruned neuron
discusses the 4 broad categories of symptoms - positive, negative, mood and cognitive
- diagrams course of the illness and symptoms
- shows medial view of the brain with dopamine pathways
- shows lateral view of the brain
Also discusses treatment and management.
Made in USA
Available in the following versions:
20" x 26" heavy weight paper laminated with grommets at top corners ISBN 9780781786447
20" x 26" heavy weight paper ISBN 9780781786423