Unthinking Mastery: Dehumanism and Decolonial Entanglements
Julietta Singh (Author)
Julietta Singh challenges the drive toward the mastery over self and others by showing how the forms of self-mastery advocated by anticolonial thinkers like Fanon and Gandhi unintentionally reproduced colonial logic, thereby leading her to argue for a more productive human subjectivity that is not centered on concepts of mastery. 6 illustrations
About the Author
Julietta Singh is Associate Professor of English at the University of Richmond.
- Contributor: Julietta Singh
- Imprint: Duke University Press
- ISBN13: 9780822369394
- Number of Pages: 216
- Packaged Dimensions: 152x229mm
- Packaged Weight: 318
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Duke University Press
- Release Date: 2018-01-02
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Julietta Singh is Associate Professor of English at the University of Richmond.