Focus Groups are often under-used as a valuable tool for research. This practical and extremely well-written guide offers advice on:
* planning and organising focus groups
* what types of questions to use
* the limitations and advantages of using these groups as research methods
* collecting the data at group sessions
* how to analyse the data produced
Lia Litosseliti is a Senior Lecturer in Linguistics at City University, London. Her research interests are in the areas of gender and language, discourse analysis, and research methodologies. She is the author of Using Focus Groups in Research (2003) and Gender and Language: Theory and Practice (2006); and co-editor of Gender Identity and Discourse Analysis (2002) and Gender and Language Research Methodologies (2008).