Vanguard of the Revolution: The Global Idea of the Communist Party
A. James McAdams (Author)
The first comprehensive political history of the communist party Vanguard of the Revolution is a sweeping history of one of the most significant political institutions of the modern world. The communist party was a revolutionary idea long before its supporters came to power. A. James McAdams argues that the rise and fall of communism can be understood only by taking into account the origins and evolution of this compelling idea. He shows how the leaders of parties in countries as diverse as the Soviet Union, China, Germany, Yugoslavia, Cuba, and North Korea adapted the original ideas of revolutionaries like Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin to profoundly different social and cultural settings. Vanguard of the Revolution is essential reading for anyone seeking to understand world communism and the captivating idea that gave it life. 25 b/w illus.
Also available on eBook for £15.89. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
A. James McAdams is the William M. Scholl Professor of International Affairs at the University of Notre Dame. His books include Judging the Past in Unified Germany and Germany Divided: From the Wall to Reunification (Princeton).
- Contributor: A. James McAdams
- Imprint: Princeton University Press
- ISBN13: 9780691196428
- Number of Pages: 600
- Packaged Dimensions: 156x235mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Princeton University Press
- Release Date: 2019-11-15
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: A. James McAdams is the William M. Scholl Professor of International Affairs at the University of Notre Dame. His books include Judging the Past in Unified Germany and Germany Divided: From the Wall to Reunification (Princeton).
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.