Verdict of Twelve: (British Library Crime Classics)
Raymond Postgate (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 2 weeks
A woman is on trial for her life, accused of murder. The twelve members of the jury each carry their own secret burden of guilt and prejudice which could affect the outcome.In this extraordinary crime novel, we follow the trial through the eyes of the jurors as they hear the evidence and try to reach a unanimous verdict. Will they find the defendant guilty, or not guilty? And will the jurors' decision be the correct one?Since its first publication in 1940, Verdict of Twelve has been widely hailed as a classic of British crime writing. This edition offers a new generation of readers the chance to find out why so many leading commentators have admired the novel for so long.
About the Author
Raymond Postgate (1896-1971) was a socialist journalist and historian, and founder of the Good Food Guide. He also wrote highly regarded detective novels of which Verdict of Twelve is the most famous.
- Contributor: Raymond Postgate
- Imprint: The British Library Publishing Division
- ISBN13: 9780712356749
- Number of Pages: 256
- Packaged Dimensions: 130x190mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: British Library Publishing
- Release Date: 2017-01-10
- Series: British Library Crime Classics
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Raymond Postgate (1896-1971) was a socialist journalist and historian, and founder of the Good Food Guide. He also wrote highly regarded detective novels of which Verdict of Twelve is the most famous.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.