Character-forming moral fables, Viking and Nordic folk and fairy tales take the magic of the natural world and combine it with the practical common sense of the everyday. Good folk are rewarded for their hard work, the honest and the faithful are valued by the gods: treasured tales from Hans Christian Andersen, such as 'The Little Match Girl', and less well known stories such as 'Katie Woodencloak' (a Norwegian Version of Cinderella) by Asbjornsen & Moe are some of the heartwarming pieces in this new selection for the modern reader. Flame Tree Collector's Editions present the foundations of speculative fiction, authors, myths and tales without which the imaginative literature of the twentieth century would not exist, bringing the best, most influential and most fascinating works into a striking and collectable library. Each book features a new introduction and a Glossary of Terms. 3 Line drawings, black and white
About the Author
Jake Jackson has written, edited and contributed to over 20 books. Related works include studies of Babylonian creation myths, the philosophy to time and William Blake's use of mythology in his visionary literature.
- Contributor: J.K. Jackson
- Imprint: Flame Tree Publishing
- ISBN13: 9781804172308
- Number of Pages: 416
- Packaged Dimensions: 110x168x24mm
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Flame Tree Publishing
- Release Date: 2022-09-20
- Series: Flame Tree Collector's Editions
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Jake Jackson has written, edited and contributed to over 20 books. Related works include studies of Babylonian creation myths, the philosophy to time and William Blake's use of mythology in his visionary literature.