What Brexit Means for EU and UK Social Policy
Linda Hantrais (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Drawing on a range of disciplinary, conceptual and theoretical approaches, this book analyses the complex interconnections between social policy formation and implementation in the European Union before and during the UK's membership. It explores the issues, debates and policy challenges facing the EU at different stages in its development, and shows how the UK promoted and hampered social integration. With the UK's decision to leave the EU as one of the greatest challenges in the EU's history, this book seeks to understand the role played by social policy in the referendum campaign and withdrawal negotiations, and considers what Brexit means for social policy development both in the UK and across the EU. 1 Tables, black and white; 2 Illustrations, black and white
About the Author
Linda Hantrais is Emeritus Professor of European Social Policy at Loughborough University and former Visiting Professor at the LSE Centre for International Studies.
- Contributor: Linda Hantrais
- Imprint: Policy Press
- ISBN13: 9781447337157
- Number of Pages: 160
- Packaged Dimensions: 129x198mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Bristol University Press
- Release Date: 2019-02-06
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Linda Hantrais is Emeritus Professor of European Social Policy at Loughborough University and former Visiting Professor at the LSE Centre for International Studies.