What Counts as Mathematics?: Technologies of Power in Adult and Vocational Education (Mathematics Education Library 28 Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002)
Gail E. FitzSimons (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
This book presents an institutional study located at the intersection mathematics education and vocational education. Using the concept of technology as a unifying theme, it presents a critique of neoliberalist policies and their impact upon curriculum, teachers' work, and the apparent de-institutionalization of vocational education - with particular reference to mathematics education and the consequences for adult students as (potential) workers and citizens. XII, 276 p.
- Contributor: Gail E. FitzSimons
- Imprint: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- ISBN13: 9781402006692
- Number of Pages: 276
- Packaged Dimensions: 155x235mm
- Packaged Weight: 458
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Release Date: 2002-07-31
- Series: Mathematics Education Library
- Binding: Paperback / softback