New edition of this highly controversial and campaigning book that reveals the truth about the pills and procedures your doctor prescribes and offers proven alternatives for diagnosing, preventing and treating many illnesses. Includes updated information on all the most recent health issues - vaccination, HRT, Viagra, IVF and more.
Every year, 1.17 million British people - a population the size of Birmingham - are put in a hospital bed by a medical procedure gone wrong. And 80% of most of the treatments we take for granted have never been scientifically proven to work.
In this groundbreaking book, leading health campaigner Lynne McTaggart reveals the real secrets of modern medicine. Extensively revised and updated, this new edition tackles some of the most worrying health issues of recent years.
For example, did you know:
* Statin drugs, the new miracle cure for high cholesterol, are causing a heart failure epidemic?
* SSRI drugs - now come with a black box warning about suicide risk to children
* HRT, touted as the most important preventative treatment for all the diseases of female old age, actually causes heart disease, dementia, strokes and cancer?
* IVF could be causing cases of breast cancer?
* The statistics about illnesses prevented by vaccination are vastly overplayed?
* Viagra, the great white hope of male impotence, has caused a rash of sudden deaths and is effective, at most, only half the time.
What Doctors Don't Tell You gives you all the information you need to take your health into your own hands, exposing the true dangers of conventional medicine and offering up-to-the-minute, scientifically proven alternatives for diagnosing, preventing and treating many illnesses.
Since 1989, award-winning journalist Lynne McTaggart has shaken the British medical establishment and earned the loyalty of many thousands of readers as editor of her monthly newsletter, `What Doctors Don't Tell You'. She has written a book of the same title and is now researching further into alternative and vibrational medicine. She lives in North London.