Alice Nutter (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Celebrating the fortieth anniversary of this Leeds-based company, Where's Vietnam? has a soundtrack of sixties soul and funk played live on stage. This is a black comedy about love, loyalty, and not letting disability stand in the way of extreme violence.1968 and the sexual revolution is stuck in a traffic jam just outside Leeds, but two brothers are about to see beyond the city's narrow perimeters.A fan of the Kray twins, Banks proudly models himself on Reggie Kray and pushes his gentle giant of a brother, Arthur, into the subservient role of Ronnie. As they hitch their way down the M1 they find a shifting cast of characters, offering everything from fish paste sandwiches to balloon based sex.
About the Author
Alice Nutter is the author of Foxes and Vietnam both performed at the West Yorkshire Playhouse and she also writes for the television series The Street. For twenty years she was the lead-singer of the Chumbawamba.
- Contributor: Alice Nutter
- Imprint: Oberon Books Ltd
- ISBN13: 9781840028706
- Number of Pages: 96
- Packaged Dimensions: 132x211x8mm
- Packaged Weight: 128
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Release Date: 2008-06-23
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Alice Nutter is the author of Foxes and Vietnam both performed at the West Yorkshire Playhouse and she also writes for the television series The Street. For twenty years she was the lead-singer of the Chumbawamba.