Whittling Flat-Plane Animals: 15 Projects to Carve with Just One Knife
James Ray Miller (Author)
This approachable method of carving is the perfect starting point for beginners to fall in love with woodcarving, or for experienced carvers to try something new! Featuring 15 wood animal projects that focus on the flat-plane style of woodcarving, each design has little to no rounded edges and can be accomplished in just one day. From rabbits, ravens, and mountain goats to polar bears, sheep, reindeer, and more, learn the super simple Scandinavian flat-plane techniques, further your skills, and discover a new favorite carving method! Author James Miller is an award-winning Scandinavian carver and a contributor to the acclaimed Woodcarving Illustrated magazine.
About the Author
James Miller has been wood carving since he was 11. He has won numerous awards for his work. James is currently attending the Vesterheim's Folk Art School apprentice for instructor training.
- Contributor: James Ray Miller
- Imprint: Fox Chapel Publishing
- ISBN13: 9781497101159
- Number of Pages: 128
- Packaged Dimensions: 203x254mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Fox Chapel Publishing
- Release Date: 2020-10-06
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: James Miller has been wood carving since he was 11. He has won numerous awards for his work. James is currently attending the Vesterheim's Folk Art School apprentice for instructor training.