*This listing is for the coursebook. Willkommen! 1 is also available as a Course Pack, activity book, and CD & DVD set.*
Willkommen! 1 German Beginner's Course is a best-selling multi-format German adult learning programme for classroom and home use. Fully revised and updated for this new edition, the course includes a coursebook, course pack, activity book and CD and DVD set plus online activities. This blended learning approach will get you speaking, writing and understanding German with accuracy and confidence.
The course covers levels A1 to A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages.
Whether you are learning for general interest, for your job, holiday, or for an exam, Willkommen! 1 is packed full of comprehensive material and interesting features to improve your fluency and understanding.
* Includes lively and contemporary topics from food, shopping and relationships to careers and life in Germany and German-speaking countries.
* Book, audio and video content allow for flexible use in the classroom and at home.
* Range of activities based on authentic materials including menus, brochures and interviews.
* Different types of writing practice, including letters, CV, emails and blogs.
* Listening material includes interviews, radio and TV clips.
* 'Real-life' German videos demonstrate how the language is really spoken.
* Deutschland info sections give practical and cultural insights into German life.
Created in consultation with teachers and learners, Willkommen! 1 provides about 120 hours of study and is ideal for group-learning as well as for revision and self-study.
Course Pack (ISBN 9781473672673): includes the Coursebook, the CD and DVD Set and an online Support Book containing a key to the exercises and audio transcripts.
CD and DVD Set (ISBN 9781473672642): contains all the dialogues and listening activities included in the coursebook plus video content building on the real-life German used in the course.
Activity Book (ISBN 9781473672666): for extra practice and review linked to the coursebook units.
Heiner Schenke was born in Hanover and is a native speaker of German. He has taught German at university level for many years and is Director of the Institution-wide language programme at the University of Westminster. He is also the co-author of the Willkommen! course as well as several Teach Yourself books. Paul Coggle is an experienced university teacher of German, who has taught courses from beginner to postgraduate level. He was a pioneer in the development and use of multimedia language learning materials at the University of Kent, and has acted as a Language Consultant for the BBC and the University of Cambridge Language Centre. He has been series editor for the Teach Yourself language courses.