Winning the Peace: An American Strategy for Post-Conflict Reconstruction
Robert C. Orr (Contributor)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Events in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Balkans have proved that failed and defeated states threaten the national security interests of the United States and the stability of entire regions. But success in addressing these threats clearly depends on more than military might; the post-conflict period is equally crucial. Case studies in this book examine the U.S. approach in Kosovo, East Timor, Sierra Leone, Afghanistan, and Iraq. The book offers policy guidance on how to handle current reconstruction challenges and on building capacity to do a better job when America is inevitably called on to restore failed nations in the future.
About the Author
Robert C. Orr is executive director of the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs at Harvard University.
- Contributor: Robert C. Orr
- Imprint: Centre for Strategic & International Studies,U.S.
- ISBN13: 9780892064441
- Number of Pages: 368
- Packaged Dimensions: 152x229mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Centre for Strategic & International Studies,U.S.
- Release Date: 2004-07-20
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Robert C. Orr is executive director of the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs at Harvard University.