This Student's Book provides ideal preparation for the new 2010 WJEC GCSE in Mathematics specification at the Foundation tier.
It offers comprehensive guidance and practice for tackling problem-solving questions and the functional elements of mathematics - how maths is applied in everyday life. Fully supported by a Teacher's Resource and Homework Book, learners are encouraged to develop confidence in, and a positive attitude towards, mathematics.
- Endorsed by WJEC for use with GCSE in Mathematics.
- Complete coverage of all Units (1, 2, and 3) is provided through questions that increase in difficulty across the chapters and related revision activities.
- Learning objectives and summaries for each chapter are written in a student-friendly style.
- Exam tips help learners to focus on key areas for their revision, and open-ended challenges stretch students' skills and knowledge.
- The same author team delivered Hodder's successful resources for the current WJEC Mathematics specification. The writers include current Chair of Examiners for GCSE Mathematics and current Chief Examiner of the two-tier Foundation Level specification. Their extensive teaching experience includes Head of Mathematics in schools in Wales as well as Senior Education Advisor roles.
The series includes dedicated Student Books, Homework Books, and Teacher's Resources for both tiers.