A unique two-volume examination of the progress women have made in achieving political equality, Women and Politics around the World addresses both transnational and gender-related issues as well as specific conditions in more than 20 countries.
* Topical essays on a broad range of gender-related policy issues, written by international scholars
* Focused explorations of women's political and economic progress in more than 20 individual countries
* More than 70 photographs of both elected officials and women from all walks of life in countries around the world
* More than 50 tables and charts presenting relevant data
* Approximately 20 sidebars with additional in-depth coverage of important policy trends and events
Joyce Gelb is professor of political science at The Graduate Center, City University of New York, New York, NY. Marian Lief Palley is professor of political science and international relations and professor of public administration at the University of Delaware, Newark, DE.