Taking a broad view of the ongoing efforts to attain rights for women, this work provides unique insight into the context of the issues and reveals the range of factors that can influence a particular policy decision.
* Carefully examines the major issues that helped frame women's rights in various key policy areas
* Blends the practical explanations of the government's role in women's rights with the feminist theoretical foundations of the quest for these rights
* Supplies crucial context for all women's rights policy statements, including information about the statements' authors as well as the political dynamics surrounding the issue
* Presents coverage of policy statements that illustrate some of the key players in the attainment of women's rights and uniquely demonstrate the various ways women's rights have been framed across history
* Clearly illustrates the relationship of women's rights issues to fields of study as disparate as business, history, healthcare, law enforcement, and political science, among others
* Includes coverage of some of the major political challenges to women's reproductive rights witnessed in the previous decade
* Considers some of the most difficult and controversial issues related to women's rights, such as the "war on women" and the country's pervasive rape culture