What is a wilderness? Why do we need to preserve it and how do we go about doing so? This book takes a look at these important questions and focuses on National Parks from Yellowstone in the US, to the Lake District in the UK and the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
* Emerald/Band 15 books provide a widening range of genres including science fiction and biography, prompting more ways to respond to texts.
* Text type - An information book.
* The book is organised into short chapters to help children practise the skills of locating and identifying important information.
* The glossary and index can be used to develop children's information retrieval skills further.
* Curriculum links - Geography