DescriptionShine a spotlight on the benefits of promoting health in the workplace
Workplace Health Promotion Programs focuses on the incredible value that employee health programs can offer by exploring six key topics: behavioral health, physical health, healthy environments, health education, nutritional health, and physical activity. This in-depth resource explicitly establishes what successful workplace health promotion programs, services, and collaborations are, and then builds upon this foundational understanding by introducing methods and tools for promoting employee health and safety, while emphasizing the skills students need to do so. Through this resource, students will come to understand how to recognize employee health and safety opportunities, and how to think on a larger scale when it comes to workplace health initiatives in small, midsized, and larger employers that are comprehensive and fiscally sound.
Workplace health promotion programs have the potential to both improve the health of the population as a whole and control healthcare spending in the process. Health problems are estimated to cost employers in the United States over $200 billion per year through medical costs, absenteeism, disability, and overall reduced productivity. Improving well-being through effective workplace health promotion programs can reduce this cost—and create healthier, happier workforces.
- Discover the design, implementation, and evaluation of workplace health promotion programs that address the range of employee health needs and concerns
- Understand how evidence-based programs can positively impact business and reduce health care cost
- Explore the larger scale implications of successful workplace health programs, including health policies, health insurance design, worker safety, employee behavior, etc.
- Learn how together employers and employees work to create a culture of health and well-being to support and promote employee health and safety
- Review the ways in which successful workplace health promotion programs can prove financially beneficial
Workplace Health Promotion Programs is a resource that guides students and professionals alike in the discovery, development, and execution of successful employee health initiatives.
- publication date: 22/04/2016
- ID: 9781118669327
- book language: en
- publisher: Wiley
- publisher imprint: Jossey-Bass
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes